How to use AMUIDB map to view a university’s instrument catalog:
1. Open your web browser (chrome/safari/Firefox/IE any one you prefer)
2. Type in the following URL: http://amuidb.org in address bar and hit enter.
3. Click on Database tab.
4. To view a university’s instrument catalog click on its logo.
How to browse instruments in instrument table:
1. On a instrument table click Next to go to next n number of records specified
by the show number of records drop down on the same page.
2. Similarly click first to go to first page, prev to go to previous page and last to
go to last page.
3. Click on an instrument row to view its details.
How to search for something specific:
1. On the database tab click Search button.
2. A search dialog will pop up.
3. Enter the search criteria and select what ever applies.
4. Select whether to show the records in a table or on the map.
5. Hit ok.
6. If “Show records on map” is selected small red markers for each instrument
will drop on the map where they are located. Clicking on the marker will
show the details of the instrument. If more than one instrument reside on the
same location a blue circular cluster showing the number of total
instruments will be shown. If the cluster is clicked a list is shown with all
instruments on that location. Click on any of the instrument to view its
How to add/edit an instrument to database (Admins Only):
1. Click “Login” on the bottom of AMUIDB web application.
2. This will pop up a login dialog.
3. Enter your email address and password and hit ok.
4. After successfully logging in you will see a table containing all the instruments of database.
5. Click “New” button
6. Enter all the required information and hit “Save”.
7. To edit an instrument click on the instrument row in table.